We run rugby training for children aged 5 to 18 – our teams are organised in school year groups so players will always be playing with children of their own age. The organisation that runs rugby in England, the RFU, has an agreed set of rules at each age group that are designed to gradually introduce the skills and the rules of rugby.
Fixtures: are shown on our Club Diary : select from the main menu, or Click Here (NB Last updated 2 Sept and subject to change).
If you would like to arrange any fixtures with the Mini / Junior section please use the contacts at driffieldrufc.com/contact/
Main Contacts: please use the contacts at driffieldrufc.com/contact/
Team Contacts :
Under 6s : to be decided
Under 7s : Team Manager – Tom Richardson – 07989 551459 – firstname.lastname@example.org
Under 8s : Team Manager – Emily Dervey – 07768 578963 – email@example.com
Under 9s : Team Manager – Simon Farnsworth – 07341 866763 – firstname.lastname@example.org
Under 10s: Team Manager – James Whitfield – 07928 680818 – email@example.com
Under 11s: Team Manager – Lottie Lovewell – 07702 787242 – firstname.lastname@example.org
Under 12s: Team Manager – Alexandra ‘Alex’ McKean – 07772 180931 – email@example.com
Under 13s: Team Manager – Rich Wilkinson – 07737 831244 – firstname.lastname@example.org
Under 14s: Team Manager – Rachel Woodcock – 07842 360784 – email@example.com
Under 15s: Team Manager – Lisa Naylor – 07818 532369 – firstname.lastname@example.org
Under 16s: Team Manager – Fiona Spence – 07903 223087 – email@example.com
Under 17s: Team Manager – Stephanie Hartwell – 07506 706303 – firstname.lastname@example.org
Under 18s: Team Manager – Ian Naylor – 07920 015771 – email@example.com
Regulation 15 – this requires all Mini / Junior players to be Affiliated to their club each year, within 45 days of the start of the season. The RFU has produced videos to help parents to understand how do thiis.
Age Grade Rugby
Health and Safety, Safeguarding
DRUFC Safeguarding Policy – see Documents page
Many of our coaches are former players who are keen to pass on their own knowledge and experience to our new younger players. Others are often interested mums and dads who have gone from watching to helping. We also have considerable number who are both!
The club is keen to invest in its mini and junior coaches by providing funding for RFU-accredited courses and host our own coaching sessions to make sure our coaches have interesting and up-to-date coaching techniques to get the best out of our young players.
Safety is always a concern and our coaches receive training in child protection and first aid. All our coaches are DBS checked to ensure the young players’ safety.
If you are interested in coaching our mini and junior players then please contact the Chairman of our Mini Junior section – see the Team Contacts page for details.
We are always keen to see new members who can provide a range of skills we need to run the section. If you are interested in joining one of the committees please contact the Chairman of our Mini Junior section – see the Team Contacts page for details.
Driffield RUFC Mini / Junior Rugby has many years of experience in developing young players of all ages and ability. We run rugby training for children aged 5-16 under the title of Mini Juniors, with coaches who are all DBS checked.
Our club is proud to have been awarded the Community Rugby Seal of Approval by the RFU. This seal demonstrates our commitment to developing the club at both senior and junior level. Our strong Mini / Junior Rugby has full sides at all age groups and is always keen to welcome new teams to play including touring sides.
Our clubs has a range of excellent facilities including five full-sized pitches and four dedicated mini-rugby pitches. The club also boasts a state-of-the-art 3rd generation Astroturf pitch. The Mini / Junior section uses this for training our youngest players, giving them a safe a secure area to practice in.
As well as the playing facilities, our modern clubhouse has a spacious bar area where there is always a warm welcome. Parents of our young players get two social memberships included in the subscription and can use the bar area for a drink after a game or take chance to get a tea or coffee when young players are training.
The new clubhouse brings with it new modern changing facilities for all players. Dressing rooms are allocated on match days.
The club has a shop which opens on Sunday mornings to provide a range of players kit as well as a range of training and leisure wear.
Driffield Rugby Union Football Club is fully committed to safeguarding and promoting the well-being of all members and, in particular, young players. The Club believes that it is important for all members, coaches, administrators, volunteers and supporters to:
- show respect at all times
- be open in their working relationships
- share any concerns that they might have about any aspect of the mini junior rugby.
All people associated with the Club, including players, are expected to:
- comply with the laws of the game
- respect officials and their decisions
- respect opponents and all members of their team, including coaching staff and supporters.
In addition, players:
- MUST be at least 6 years old on the day of registration
- MUST be punctual arriving to training and games or inform their coach if they are going to be late or are unable to attend
- MUST wear suitable clothing relevant to the activity and conditions at the time
- for training : boots or trainers (depending upon the nature of the session). Boots should have either moulded studs or screw in RFU-approved aluminium studs. A training top or rugby shirt and rugby socks.
- for matches : a team shirt should be worn, club socks and black shorts. Boots should be worn for all games in the interest of the health and safety of the players. Any variation from this should be agreed with the coach
- ARE ADVISED to wear a suitable mouth guard at all times, both in training and during matches
- MUST pay the annual subscription fee and subscriptions promptly in accordance with the current payment terms set by the Club which will ensure that they are covered by the terms of the RFU’s insurance for players. Unless the appropriate fees have been paid, players will not be allowed to participate
- MUST be registered with the RFU in accordance with current regulations and will not be allowed to participate in matches unless they are registered
- MUST abide by the RFU rules and guidelines for their particular age group
- MUST NOT smoke, consume alcohol or illegal drugs of any kind on any club premises, whilst travelling to or from any fixture or whilst representing the club in any capacity.
Club House Rules
- all muddy clothing and footwear to be removed before entering the Clubhouse
- all sports bags and other equipment must be stored safely on the ground floor without blocking the stairs or exits
- changing rooms to be left clean and tidy after use
- toilets are not be used as washing facilities by players – please use the changing rooms
- food is only to be eaten in the designated areas and plates etc tidied away after use
- litter is not left on the rugby field or surrounding area
- children under 13 years-old must be supervised by a parent/guardian at all times
- only players, coaching staff and other authorised persons enter the changing rooms at any time.