The final home game of the year saw Moortown make a rare visit to Kelleythorpe for a game between two sides pushing towards the top end of the table. Driffield were able to name a reasonably-settled side with Maling, who would go on to deservedly win man-of-the-match, starting at prop instead of the unavailable Robson – the only change in the starting line-up from the previous week.

Moortown started brightly, quickly demonstrating why they have enjoyed success over the past couple of years and have adapted to life at this level comfortably. A sizeable forward pack, inventive half-backs and strong-running three-quarters meant Driffield knew they were in for a tough game. Not to be out done, Driffield matched them, showing resolute defence and, once they managed to gain some possession, threatening in attack.  After an entertaining but scoreless first twenty minutes, the Woldsmen opened the scoring with a penalty from Watts. Shortly after, Driffield claimed the first try of the day : captain for the day Brankley started the move, carrying hard into the visiting defence. The ball was worked down the blind side by Furbank and carried on by Sowersby before being dotted down in the corner, too far out for Watts to convert.

Moortown had the wind at their backs and were determined to claim a score before half time, exerting big pressure on the Driffield line as the half came to an end. Eventually that pressure told and, aided by a slip in midfield from a Driffield defender, they touched down beside the posts making the conversion a formality. That brought half time with Driffield ahead by a point : Driffield 8 – 7 Moortown.

Driffield started the second half strongly, with Brankley again making the initial in-roads before finding the ubiquitous Sowersby in support.  Driffield were awarded a penalty in front of the posts but turned down the guarantee of three points to push for more. A wide pass from Watts saw the visiting full-back slap the ball down and receive a yellow card.  Driffield again turned down the chance of three points and were held up over the line from the resulting tap penalty.  Moortown pinched the scrum against the head and the chance was lost. The Driffield coaching staff shuffled the pack, sacrificing Brumfield’s set-piece accuracy to bring on additional bulk in Blenkinsop to shore up the scrum.

Driffield’s lack of accuracy may have cost them previously, but they added to their lead with a pinpoint accurate pass from Furbank finding Davies coming in from his wing. He scythed through the defence and rounded the full=back to score next to the posts allowing Watts to convert and extend the lead : Driffield 15 – 7 Moortown.

Longville extended the lead with a long-distance penalty after earning the chance himself, drawing a high tackle with sharp footwork. Longville instigated the next try with his chip through and regather allowing Furbank, Turner and Davies to combine and put Kelly in next to the posts. Longville converted. Driffield 22 – 7 Moortown.

Driffield were now in full flow and thought they had scored again straight from the restart. Davies caught the restart and broke through the Moortown tackles. He was caught from behind, but Sowersby recycled and found Brankley and then Cullen, who touched down in the corner only to be brought back for a forward pass. Driffield kept striving for the bonus point try, but a lack of accuracy combined with staunch Moortown defence saw them falling short, until Robinson took a quick tap and powered through several tackles before drawing the full back and finding Blacker who squeezed in the corner. Longville converted from touch to cap an excellent afternoon for the home side and leave the final score : Driffield 32 – 7 Moortown